How to Find High-Demand, Low-Competition KDP Keywords with Publisher Rocket
As self-published authors, one of our main struggles apart from writing a high-quality interior is finding the right keywords for your Amazon KDP book. Keywords have the power to boost or destroy your sales. You want to ensure your book is visible to potential readers and stands out among the millions of books available on Amazon.
But how do you know which keywords to use with so many keywords?
In this article, I’ll share how I use one of my favorite KDP keyword research tools, Publisher Rocket, to find in-demand and low-competition keywords for Amazon KDP. I’ll share my favorite tricks and hacks that have worked for me.
What is Publisher Rocket?
Publisher Rocket is a powerful keyword research tool for Amazon KDP authors.
It allows you to find profitable keywords in demand and have low competition, which can help improve your book’s visibility on Amazon. Publisher Rocket offers a wide range of features:
- Keyword research: Find the most relevant and profitable keywords for your book.
- Competition analysis: Analyze your competitors’ books and keywords to determine what’s working for them.
- AMS keyword research: Find the most effective keywords for your Amazon Ads campaigns.
- Category research: Find the best categories for your book.
- Market analysis: Analyze the market demand and competition for your book’s niche.
Now let’s dive into how I use Publisher Rocket to find in-demand and low-competition keywords for Amazon KDP in six steps.
Step 1: Brainstorm Your Book’s Keywords
Start by brainstorming the keywords customers might use to find your book, including:
- The book’s genre
- The book’s topic or theme
- The book’s title
- The author’s name